Re: Problem with printer HP Deskjet 1120

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 7:17 AM, Bernard <bdebreil@teaser.fr> wrote:
> Hi to Everyone,
>
> My printer has been running under Debian Linux for years, without problem,
> except this : I have not found how to align the heads when replacing ink
> cartridges. You are supposed to do this each time you install a new
> cartridge, or else high quality color printing is not obtained.

Unfortunately, this printer must be aligned under Windows (or maybe on a Mac).

Newer printers have an HP maintenance utility available as part of the
hplip package but hplip doesn't provide this for your model:

http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/models/deskjet/deskjet_1120.html

BTW: If it were an All-in-One type model you could push a button on
the printer to do it so next time get one of these as they don't cost
much more.