Re: need help with xorg.conf

On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 21:38:40 -0500 (EST), Mark Allums wrote:
> On 3/13/2010 4:51 PM, Stephen Powell wrote:
>>>
>>> You _could_ cut off pin 12 on the connector...
>>
>> Well, I suppose I *could*.  But I don't like that solution.
>> Changing the software to allow overrides is what I want.
>>

> No need to destroy a cable.  Just create an adapter.  Pin 12 goes in,
> but doesn't come out.

Yes, that would be better.  I'm sure I would have to hand-make such
a device.  I doubt that I could find such a thing at my local computer
store.  But still, philosophically, configuration statements should
be able to override probed values.

I've done some digging.  Apparently, there is an Option statement
That is valid for at least some drivers:

   Option "NoDDC"

that can be put into the "Device" section, but it is not documented
in the man page for xorg.conf.  I'll have to play around to see if
I can get it to work.  But that will have to wait for tomorrow.
It's time for me to go to bed.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell    <zlinuxman@wowway.com>
 : :'  :