Re: need help with xorg.conf

On 3/13/2010 4:51 PM, Stephen Powell wrote:
On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 17:13:17 -0500 (EST), John Hasler wrote:
Stephen Powell writes:
But I want a way to override things if the defaults are not to my
liking.  As I mentioned in another post, there are some things, such
as HorizSync and VertRefresh, that cannot be overridden for a
plug-and-play monitor.

You _could_ cut off pin 12 on the connector...

Well, I suppose I *could*.  But I don't like that solution.
Changing the software to allow overrides is what I want.

No need to destroy a cable. Just create an adapter. Pin 12 goes in, but doesn't come out.*

MAA

* "Roaches check in, but they don't check out."