Re: KDE and Squeeze

Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 2010-03-12 19:52, lrhorer wrote:
> [snip]
>>
>>         My servers are on a secure network, unaccessible from outside
>>         the
>> network, and I almost never do anything that doesn't require root
>> access on them, so I set them up with a chooser that has root as one
>> of
>> its selections defaulted in the KDM chooser.  I didn't see how to do
>
> Servers with a GUI installed?  That's not considered Best Practices.

        It is for my purposes.  Indeed, one of the server applications
(Galleon) on the main server is GUI based and one of the client
applications (TyTool) running on the main server is a Windows app
running under Wine.  The backup server could run without the GUI, but
it's easier to administer using Kpackage than anything else.