Re: /boot partition changes when it should not

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010, Robert Brockway wrote:

The filesystem sees no distinction between mounting during boot or mounting any other time. It does increment the mount count. I even went and confirmed this on one of my systems. Same situation - ext3 /boot.

Hmm I knew I should have read to the end of the thread before replying.

As Bob notes in another email, a read-only ext3 filesystem does not increment the mount count held within the filesystem. My orignal test was on a read-write mounted /boot.

I have to say this surprised me also but it does make sense.

Cheers,

Rob

--
Email: robert@timetraveller.org