Re: /boot partition changes when it should not

Aioanei Rares wrote:
How do you check this "checksum of the partition" ?

I'm guessing OP literally checksums the volume from the block device. If I'm right, it could be anything, really, lots of filesystem metadata moving around without actually touching any file contents (access times, for example).

So, Clive, what filesystem are you using?

Would you, by any chance, be asking this because your boot loader doesn't understand this fs and you thus need to be sure the kernel and initrd don't move because you had to reference them by block address? If that's the case, I wouldn't worry, the read-only option should be enough, as long as you don't do any maintenance operations on it (defragmentation, stuff like that).

-thib