Re: How to know if DVI connection is digital or analogue?

> I mean DVI-D cable to DVI-I socket (this will ensure the signal is
> digital).  On my monitors and computers, all sockets are always DVI-I
> and all cables are DVI-D.  You can verify this on your monitor checking
> if it has the four analogue connectors and the same on the cable.  If
> it doesn't, then it can only physically recieve digital input; problem
> solved!

I missed the word "port" in your original comment. I see.

> The only other choices cable-wise are DVI-I which can carry both
> signals, and this should result in autoselection of the correct output
> (which should be digital) and DVI-A (which you don't need to care
> about).  If you have a DVI-I cable, then it might select analogue for
> some bizarre reason.  Swapping for a DVI-D cable would resolve that if
> you can't work out how to do it in software.

Yes, he has DVI-I ports on the monitor and on the motherboard, and a
DVI-I cable that came with the monitor. Maybe it's time to take a pair
of needle-nosed pliers to that cable!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.