Re: /boot fs (was Re: /boot partition changes when it should not)

Ron Johnson wrote:
grub (and maybe lilo) never used to be able to boot from an xfs partition.

Grub is doing fine, although it's true it had some issues in the past (just read about them, actually). Can't talk about lilo.

As for the shiver, I also am confused. A 64MB partition, though, really doesn't need a high-performance fs. ext2 is more than adequate.

Maybe someone simply has reasons not to put /boot on a separate volume. Now I sure agree that it isn't needed in virtually every other cases, but would it really hurt?

-thib