Re: Installing Debian

On 2010-03-08 15:32, ahpurdy wrote:
I am now operating with Windows XP. I would like to try Debian. I wonder that if I purchased a a USB plug in hard disc, loaded Debian into it, would I be able to select either XP or Debian. This would be a good way to learn Debian I think. Is this possible or would XP reject it?

Not sure. An easier and cheaper plan would be to burn a "Live CD" (or, better yet, a Live DVD, since it'll have more s/w) and then boot from it.

Fart around to your heart's content, storing any files on your Windows partition.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given
us arms."  Mike Ditka