Re: Installing Debian

On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 13:32:33 -0800
ahpurdy <ahpurdy@nethere.com> wrote:

> I am now operating with Windows XP. I would like to try Debian.  I
> wonder that if I purchased a a USB plug in hard disc, loaded Debian into
> it, would I be able to select either XP or Debian.  This would be a good
> way to learn Debian I think. Is this possible or would XP reject it?

There are various possible ways to do this, but the simplest might be to
simply instruct the BIOS to first try to boot from the external disk,
if present.  The BIOS will (almost certainly) hand off control to the
external linux installation before Windows is ever started, so there
should be no problem, and you won't have to modify the Win installation
at all.

Yes, it's a good way to learn Debian.

Celejar