Re: SOLVED aumix not working

#include <hallo.h>
* Martin [Sun, Mar 07 2010, 05:01:19AM]:
> On Sat, Mar 06, 2010 at 03:03:30PM -0800, Freeman wrote:
> > On Sat, Mar 06, 2010 at 08:55:52PM +0100, MList wrote:
> > > Why is aumix failing and how can I fix it?
> > >

> > Have you read:
> >
> > Debian specific notes for the aumix package
> >
> <snipped>
>
> After lot of blind guesses I finaly try command
> from amixer man page:
> $ amixer -c 0 -- sset Master playback -20dB
> after this one command aumix can work now as expected.

That shouldn't be required unless snd_mixer_oss was not loaded before
and amixer just triggered its loading somehow (see quoted README for
details). Or maybe it's some other low-level module. You can compare the
module lists before and after running that command (visible with "lsmod"
command or in /proc/modules).

> I guess that amixer command created /dev/mixer device so aumix can
> find it now. Why was /dev/mixer was not created during instalation
> process I do not know!

They are usually created by udev which is triggered by *bingo* module

Regards,
Eduard.

--
<zpiggy> zpiggy: wo hast du den nick her?
<zpiggy> ach dat bin ja ich