hotplug disk (howto power off)

i have a HP server with 3 hotplug disks, 2 in one array 5 and 1 that i use for backup,
the problem is that i cannot power the disk off from debian.
I'm pluging it, use hpacucli and i create the array 0, the kernel detect the disk, i mount it, copy all the info, then i umount it and here is the problem, how can i power the disk off before i unplug it, now i just unplug it, then i delete the array using hpacucli and till now i have no errors on the disk but i guess i have to send a command to the kernel so it power the disk off or just stop it. i so that in red hat yo can echo 1 > /sys/block/disk/delete and it just delete the disk from memory.

I want to know if what i'm doing is right because the kernel do it automatically or if i have to do something, i google a lot and i cannot found a solution for debian.

THANKS FOR THE HELP