Re: Overwrite existing partition with zeros without hurting partition table? (Debian Lenny)

>On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 3:23 PM, Thierry Chatelet <tchatelet@free.fr> wrote:
>
>"If" I understand your question correctly;  you want to keep your 200 Gb and
>do a new install.First question: are those 200 gb on a separated partition? If
>no, then you should save the music on a external drive, or create a partition
>to put it on. Then during the new install choose manual partitioning and go
>on.

Currently I have 180 of the 200 GB partitioned containing music, pictures, etc. and an old OS installation on the hda2 partition.  I'd like to keep the 180 gb partition in-tact, not damage the partition table, and fill the 20 gb hda2 partition with zeros so I can install Lenny.

Thanks,
Mark