Panner and Gnome Terminal lag time.

Greetings,

Has anyone noticed when using squeeze that when you have a terminal
opened on one virtual desktop in the panner in Gnome, that when you
change to another desktop it works pretty fast but, when going back to
the desktop that is running a terminal (in my case, Terminator but does
the same using Gnomes default term) there is a pretty bad lag?

I have not had the time to Google this and it's very possibe it's just
on my box - but was hoping that others may have experianced the same.

Was also wondering if there was a fix (if this is more universal).

--
Regards,

Chris

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the
government fears the people, there is liberty."

           -- Thomas Jefferson