RE: Upgrade to Lenny?

> Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 11:16:43 +0000
> From: amacater@galactic.demon.co.uk
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: Upgrade to Lenny?
>
> On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 10:55:12AM +0000, Hadi Motamedi wrote:
> >
> > Thank you . I modified my Lenny settings as the followings :
> >
> > - under /etc/network/interfaces
> >
> > auto lo
> >
> > iface lo inet loopback
> >
> > allow-hotplug eth0
> >
> > iface eth0 inet static
> >
> > address 192.168.10.114
> >
> > netmask 255.255.255.0
> >
> > network 192.168.10.0
> >
> > broadcast 192.168.10.255
> >
> > gateway 192.168.10.2
> >
> > dns-nameservers 4.2.2.4 192.9.9.3
> >
> > - under /etc/resolv.conf
> >
> > nameserver 4.2.2.4
> & gt;
> > But still the gateway cannot be PING . Please be informed that , with
> > respect to my low Internet bandwidth , I just installed the Base
> > System on my Lenny . Can it be the root cause of the problem of not
> > being able to connect my Lenny to Internet ? Please comment me .
>
> Looks reasonably OK. What happens if you do an
>
> ifup eth0?
>
> Do you get any messages in dmesg (dmesg | more will work to show you the
> latest contents of dmesg).
>
> Reboot - does the ethernet come up / do you get error messages?
>
> If you know that you will always use eth0, you can change the
> allow-hotplug eth0 to auto eth0
>
> Base system should be enough - it's enough to allow you to get updates
> from the internet, for example.
>
> Do you have any other machines on your internal network? Can you ping
> those or other ma chines?
>
> If you can, please post any results / error messages.
> Also, you don't say what country you're in : it may be that support
> resources are available closer to hand :)
>
> All the best,
>
> AndyC

Thank you so much . At now , my Lenny has access to Internet . I wanted to install ethereal on my Lenny by trying as :
#apt-get install ethereal
But it cannot find it . My Lenny repository is as :
deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ lenny main contrib non-free
Can you please let me know how to modify it to have ethereal installed on my Lenny ?