Re: how to convince that debian is one the three major choices for a stable server environment?

Γιώργος Πάλλας wrote:
(it is, isn't it? :-) )

So, yes, we are moving on from our 10year experience with gentoo, and
are searching for our new environment. From my personal experience I
would say debian stable - any hard evidence to support the claim? Server
OS statistics? Statistics for stableness? Bugs? Any white papers showing
debian's superiority?

I am also doing my google research, but I'm asking if someone can point
me to something like real hard evidence...

Thanks,
G.
Maybe the best way will be to show them who use Debian http://www.debian.org/users/ and Debian success http://www.debian.org/News/2009/20091008 http://www.debianit.com/success_stories.html

--