Re: Correct binary for Intel Core i5

On 2/25/2010 12:49 AM, Matthew Moore wrote:
On Wednesday February 24 2010 11:14:19 pm Stan Hoeppner wrote:
Mark Allums put forth on 2/25/2010 12:04 AM:
On 2/23/2010 11:20 PM, Peter Tenenbaum wrote:
OK, you've convinced me to go with the Intel motherboard.  Thanks for
all the tips!

-PT

Don't go with the Intel MB unless it will only ever be used for Linux.
If it might be used for Windows, reconsider.

Wow, that's... an interesting comment.  Upon what do you base this
recommendation Mark?  During 16 years of experience I've never heard of a
boxed Intel desktop board having any problems with Windows or vice versa.

Indeed. I have been using Intel motherboards for over a decade and I have
found them to be more compatible, reliable, and stable than any other brand.

MM

It's the sucky Intel video. On Linux, it's good enough. On Windows, OP will want something a little... better.

Mark Allums