Re: Debian-Multimedia

Thanks for the replies.

So I've edited /etc/apt/preferences such:
stuckey@debian:~$ cat /etc/apt/preferences

Package: *
Pin: origin www.debian-multimedia.org
Pin-Priority: 200

And now, when I do "apt-cache policy mplayer" I get:

debian:/home/stuckey# apt-cache policy mplayer
mplayer:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 1.0~rc3+svn20090405-1+b1
  Version table:
     1:1.0.rc2svn20100219-0.0 0
        200 http://www.debian-multimedia.org sid/main Packages
     1.0~rc3+svn20090405-1+b1 0
        500 http://ftp.de.debian.org unstable/main Packages
     1.0~rc3+svn20090405-1 0
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

I assume that means that when I just removed it, and then reinstalled it, that it took it from ftp.de.debian.org.

So with such a configuration, how can I tel it that I want to install mplayer from debian-multimedia?

Gruesse,
Stuckey