Re: Intel Atom Processor

On 02/17/2010 10:54 AM, Kelly Harding wrote:
whilst that is true, for a desktop box, 64bit causes more problems
than it is worth i've found, especially with things like Flash.

That might have been true some time ago, but a 64-bit flash plugins exists since some time already, and works as good (or as bad) as the 32-bit one.

Nowadays, the only reason I have a 32-bit chroot in my 64-bit system is because my bank's site only works with the 32-bit Java plugin from Sun. The Java plugin does exist for 64-bits, but that site in particular does not work with the 64-bit version (stupid programmers).

--
Four thousand throats may be cut in one night by a running man.
		-- Klingon Soldier, "Day of the Dove", stardate unknown

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br