Re: vmlinuz-2.6.32-trunk-686

>> On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 07:52:24PM -0600, Kumar Appaiah wrote:

>> > The most likely cause is a problem with the video driver's kernel
>> > modules. Assuming that you indicate that the X login screen doesn't
>> > appear and that the computer does try to indeed start X, could you
>> > please check if there is some issue visible in /var/log/Xorg.0.log?
>> > (If I have misinterpreted your question, I apologise).

gentlemen, thank you for the prompt replies and your thoughtfulness.

i have attached two X.org logs - Xorg.0.log was written when the machine
booted normally using vmlinuz.2.6.30-2-686 and Xorg.0.log.old was created
when the machine booted using vmlinuz-2.6.32-trunk-686 and did not bring
up the login screen.

each is around 500 lines long, hence the decision to attach them.

sam
----
(Sam Varghese)