RE: Looking for: A quick how to make a deb from a (kernel) rpm

Very fair question.

I need the xen patches that are incorperated in the kernel.

(ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/kernel/kotd/master/x86_64/kernel-xen.rpm)

I also happen to know the kernel is more recent then my 2.6.26-2-amd64 kernel in Debian Lenny.

I am aware that I will be giving up the Debian specific patches applied to the kernel. I quess I just hope to not run into issue there. If the kernel.org kernels can work with Debian I don't see a reason why the SUSE kernel can not work with a Debian system either.

I would like the ability to use the ext4 filesystem as well as better hardware support/modules for the e1000e network driver and lastly for better SATA/RAID support.

-M