Re: one website gives "address not found" from LAN

2010/2/5 Joe:

(you forgot replying to the list)

> Camaleón wrote:

>> There is not much more you can do at your side, unless you contact your
>> ISP provider and explain them this issue. They are failing at some
point.

> EDNS? It has caused a lot of this kind of thing with Windows, where the
> answer is to disable it. Possibly your ISP's DNS server is trying it,
and
> not all of the Internet infrastructure can deal with it yet.

Maybe, who knows... but I think EDNS will interfere with many other
sites, not just one :-?

OTOH, what the OP is experiencing I also have suffered from time to time.
Just changing the gateway to go out with another router (or switching
back to a dial-up modem :-P) solves the issue. It uses to be a temporaly
error.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extension_mechanisms_for_DNS
> https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/bind-users/2009-January/074921.html

Greetings,