Re: one website gives "address not found" from LAN

Camaleón on 05/02/10 18:56, wrote:
On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 18:42:09 +0000, Adam Hardy wrote:

Reposting with the issue recapped:

I cannot surf this particular public website from my LAN. Is it my DNS
or my what, I don't know.

(...)
The intermittent nature of the problem is puzzling me too. Can anyone
say what my course of action should be?

It looks crystal clear to me: blame your ISP routing tables, any proxy or service that it can be being used by them to filter Internet traffic or just its DNS servers :-)

It's a British-audience website and my ISP is British Telecom, plus it's an intermittent problem, so it's unlikely to be something like ISP routing tables, which shouldn't change on an hour by hour basis.

I guess it's just not a debian problem at all. Thought it might have been something in the way I set up my gateway server.

OK, I'll see if I can figure out a way of automatically inserting the nameserver 4.2.2.1 into my resolv.conf via the dhcp config.

Thanks anyway, and Florian thanks for the tip re: 4.2.2.1

Regards
Adam