Re: Please help me understand APT pinning...

Hi Boyd,

I think in both these cases you are being bit by having APT::Default-Release "testing" in /etc/apt/apt.conf(.d). The relevant quote from man 5 apt_preferences is "The target release can be set on the apt-get command line or in the APT configuration file /etc/apt/apt.conf. Note that this has precedence over any general priority you set in the /etc/apt/preferences file described later, but not over specifically pinned packages."

thanks for the pointer, which has enabled me to solve my problem.

Regards,
Michael