Re: How To determine the date the system & packages were installed.

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 13:37:14 -0500 (EST), Jochen Schulz wrote:
> Sorry, english is not my first language. What I meant was that when my
> root partition was formatted, my local time only differed from UTC by
> one hour.

Oh.  What I thought you meant was "If I assume that the time value
reported on the screen is UTC, and I convert it to my local time,
it only differs from the time I actually did my install by one hour."
Now perhaps you understand the reference to Daylight Saving Time,
and how that might account for the difference.

Actually your English is quite good compared to some of the posts I've
seen.  Some of them are so bad I literally cannot figure out what
they are trying to say.  This, on the other hand, is a simple
misunderstanding.