Re: Sound - none happening.......

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 15:04:10 +1100, Charlie wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Always had trouble getting sound to work with Debian, never had it
> working with Squeeze, though I might see if I could get it going again:
>
> Acer 3614WLCi laptop
>
> $ lspci | grep -i audio
> 00:1e.2 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 03)

[ snip: it seems that your system has loaded the relevant modules ]

> $ cat   /proc/asound/cards
>  0 [ICH6           ]: ICH4 - Intel ICH6
>                       Intel ICH6 with ALC655 at irq 21
>  1 [pcsp           ]: PC-Speaker - pcsp
>                       Internal PC-Speaker at port 0x61
>  2 [Modem          ]: ICH-MODEM - Intel ICH6 Modem
>                       Intel ICH6 Modem at irq 21

That looks good, too; the right card has number 0.

[...]

> The following doesn't work:
>
> # udevtrigger --verbose --subsystem-match=sound
> -su: udevtrigger: command not found

For the current version of udev, this command should be:

  udevadm trigger --verbose --subsystem-match=sound

I do not think that it will make any difference in your case, though.

[...]

> Possibly someone could point me further, or see what I'm missing. I've
> been without any sound so long, I don't really miss it, but it would
> just be nice to have my Squeeze system working as it should.

Everything seems to be OK; do you get an error message if you run

  speaker-test -t sine -c 2

?

--
Regards,            |