Re: remove an HTML tag and all its children from commandline

Steve Kemp 写道:

>   You might enjoy my "html-tool" command which would do the
>  job for you via:

Thank you very much for mentioning this tool. A first glance it seems
this tool is just too wonderful, it is just designed to solve problems
like mine. However after I try it what I worry most happened:
> The
> thing I worry a bit about xpath is: if it normalize or correct HTML
> errors, or align it differently, in the output, after I have done the
> removal, it would be big a problem for me, because I am a link on the
> corporate workflow chain where others rely on poorly made tools and
> incorrect and turbulent HTML to do their daily work and I must not break
> them by improving the HTML, unless I do not want to keep current
> peaceful and lazy life and save time for more valuable sane projects.
Unfortunately it does. The output HTML no longer work with the stupid
drag-and-drop-html-edit-for-idiot my "web design guy" is using. I am in
position of delivering a signed contract, not in evaluating if a
contract can be done, this situation means I cannot take html-tool as an
option. But I will well keep it in mind to use when feasible!

As time is tight I guess I just use the most turbulent solution: adding
the following to all HTML pages:

.advertisement {
    display: none;
}

It is a silly solution that punishes web visitor for web designer's
fault. But on the other hand, I think the web designer who made the junk
HTML really should not enjoy too much help from me. Maybe I just let it
go this way.