Re: console resolution

> My complaint is neither grub-legacy nor grub2 ever pick up my OBSD
> install, yet /etc/grub.d/40_custom is there and describes it, and
> /boot/grub/menu.lst is there to upgrade from.

From
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/os-prober/+bug/432254

I finally got the boot into FreeBSD to work.

Here's what I put in 40_custom before running update-grub:

menuentry "freebsd" {
      set root=(hd0,2,a)
      chainloader +1
      boot
}

So the root specification is based on the FreeBSD slice (number) and
partition (letter) method of specifying a partition, as in the legacy
GRUB, except that the primary partition ("slice") numbering starts at
1 rather than 0.