Re: console resolution

tv.debian@googlemail.com <tv.debian@googlemail.com>:
>  s. keeling wrote:
> >
> > Isn't it strange that we now need to `update-grub`, when having to run
> > "lilo" was such a hardship before?
> >
> > Grumble, mumble, wtf doesn't OpenBSD ever show up in the grub* boot
> > menu, grumble, mumble, ...  Grr.
>
>  Hi grumpy,

It's a fair cop.  :-|

>  "update-grub" is only needed when configuration is manually edited,

My complaint is neither grub-legacy nor grub2 ever pick up my OBSD
install, yet /etc/grub.d/40_custom is there and describes it, and
/boot/grub/menu.lst is there to upgrade from.

"aptitude reinstall $blah" never gets OBSD into the boot menu.
Never works (not complaining, just reporting; I'll check
bugs.debian.org for similar when I've time).

>  Can't comment on OpenBSD, maybe a filesystem compatibility problem ?

Debian's fdisk manages it (type a6 OpenBSD).  I'll keep banging my
head on it.