Re: console resolution

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 10:26:45PM EST, s. keeling wrote:

[..]

> My complaint is neither grub-legacy nor grub2 ever pick up my OBSD
> install, yet /etc/grub.d/40_custom is there and describes it, and
> /boot/grub/menu.lst is there to upgrade from.

Just be aware that auto-detecting kernels is not done by grub, but by a
separate utility called os-prober.

The os-prober conmprises a bunch of shell scripts, which you will have
to read to investigate further, since it ships with absolutely zero
documentation.

Due in part to these aspects, but mostly because I have a bunch of
legacy systems that have all kind of unmaintained junk in the grub part
of their /boot directory, I have removed os-prober and entered my stuff
manually in /etc/grub/40-custom on the system where the active grub
dwells so I know what I'm doing.

CJ