Re: rsync with crossover cable connection

Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> writes:

> On 2010-01-22 22:05 +0100, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
>
>>> But, know what?  I thought that eth1 might be the right one and replaced
>>> eth0 with eth1, and now... it works!!  But only from the other pc onto this
>>> one, not viceversa.  Can you please suggest...?
>>

>> I spoke to early!  Now it does not work any more.  What's that?!
>
> What does not work?  Can you ping one host from the other?  Don't bother
> with ssh and rsync yet.

ssh and rsync from computer B complain the Network is unreachable, whereas an
hour ago I copied a directory from B to A!  The same with `ping 192.186.0.1'
from pc B.

What do you suggest?  I'm running Etch on A and Lenny on B.  Do you think it's
a hardware problem (cable or ethernet port)?

Thanks!
Rodolfo