Re: Recommended method to install Firefox 3.6 in Lenny (64 bits)

On 2010-01-22 21:02 +0100, Camaleón wrote:

> As Mozilla has stopped the support (no more security patches) for Firefox
> releases <3.5 (in August 2010, 3.5 will also be dropped), and Lenny is
> shipped with 3.0.6 (this situation was properly advised on Releases
> Notes), I wonder what could be the best way to install the latest Firefox
> 64 bits version.

I'm afraid the answer is "build it from source yourself".  There's no
official 64-bit tarball (and most likely there won't be any before
Firefox 4.0), and builds from other distributions will likely require
newer libraries than available in Lenny.

Try "aptitude build-dep xulrunner-1.9 iceweasel" to install the required
development packages.

Sven