Recommended method to install Firefox 3.6 in Lenny (64 bits)

Hello,

As Mozilla has stopped the support (no more security patches) for Firefox
releases <3.5 (in August 2010, 3.5 will also be dropped), and Lenny is
shipped with 3.0.6 (this situation was properly advised on Releases
Notes), I wonder what could be the best way to install the latest Firefox
64 bits version.

Someone recommended me to perform a download of the package from
Mozilla's site and just extract the files into a directory and run it
directly from there, but as all my plugins are also 64 bits version
(java, flash...) I prefer to install a 64 bits browser.

So I wonder what is the easiest method to get the latest version of
Firefox (64 bits) without breaking anything :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón