Re: console resolution

On Fri, 2010-01-22 at 13:08 -0500, Stephen Powell wrote:
<snip>
> Jeffrey Cao wrote in another post that grub2 can support the traditional
> vga kernel option by means of editing /etc/default/grub and adding the
> line
>
> GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="vga=xxx"
>
> and then running "update-grub" to update /boot/grub/grub.cfg.  But I
> haven't tried it myself.  I'm not going to de-install lilo and install
> grub2 to find out.
<snip?

I've succesfully used that method to set the screen mode on several
Debian Squeeze computers with grub2. That method is currently the only
real way, as there is not a clean way to configure gfxpayload yet. (You
have to manually patch the Grub scripts, because it hasn't been applied
it to the version which Debian ships.)

--
Tixy