Re: problem whit optic fibre adapter (emulex LP952)

Gilles Mocellin ha scritto:
On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 07:45:58PM -0600, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
Marco Vaschetto put forth on 1/20/2010 2:36 PM:
[...]

Debian is not a "commercial" distribution.  Fiber channel is only found in
commercial environments.  Thus, most of the people around the world using FC
adapters with Linux are NOT using Debian Linux, but rather Red Hat Enterprise or
SuSE Linux.  Notice I am the only person on this list to try to help you?  And
as I previously stated, I've not actually used FC cards with Linux on bare
metal.  You need to be talking to an audience that actually has FC experience on
bare metal Linux.  You may even try a SuSE or Red Hat mailing list as well.

Sorry but I use Debian on our SAN, with QLogic and Emulex FC cards.
I have no problems, but use different Emulex models...
(Zephyr-X LightPulse Fibre Channel Host Adapter)
Hi, on your infrastructure have a optic fiber switch?
I read some think about that have some problem whit emulex card connect point to point.

You're right that with Debian, it is not easy to have the hardware vendor support
you...
There support Matirix is so restrictive about firmware and driver
versions... (HP here)
Tank's for answer.