[Fwd: Re: Intel 2100 wireless firmware (ipw2100-1.3.fw) for Lenny installation]

--- Begin Message ---
Andrei Popescu ha scritto:
On Tue,19.Jan.10, 11:00:33, Mark wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to install the firmware for an Intel ipw2100 wifi card on a Dell
Latitude D800 laptop (the driver is supported in the Lenny kernel, just not
the firmware).  According to this page http://wiki.debian.org/ipw2200 (note
bold text by Steve McIntyre) the Debian installer should be able to read the
tarball file during the installation; I tried last night but the installer
needs the .fw file not the tar.gz file.  Every link I've tried, including
this one http://packages.debian.org/lenny/firmware-ipw2x00 is either a
tar.gz or .deb file.  I can't seem to find a download for .fw...any ideas or
help out there?  I suppose I can install the firmware after getting Lenny
installed by adding "contrib non-free" to /apt/sources.list, but since the
installer prompts for "ipw2100-1.3.fw" file during installation, I'd like to
get it installed at that time.

Last time I tried this it was enough to have the .deb on some media (I used an USB stick).

Regards,
Andrei
Sorry, before I misunderstand you,

if you want extract the firmware from the *.deb file do you can use "dpkg-deb --extract name-package.deb /destination/folder"

of course if you have another machine whit Linux , if is possible extract the *.deb files under windows this I didn't know.

If you need some body can extract for you and send by attachment whit e-mail.

good by.

--- End Message ---