Intel 2100 wireless firmware (ipw2100-1.3.fw) for Lenny installation

Hello,

I am trying to install the firmware for an Intel ipw2100 wifi card on a Dell Latitude D800 laptop (the driver is supported in the Lenny kernel, just not the firmware).  According to this page http://wiki.debian.org/ipw2200 (note bold text by Steve McIntyre) the Debian installer should be able to read the tarball file during the installation; I tried last night but the installer needs the .fw file not the tar.gz file.  Every link I've tried, including this one http://packages.debian.org/lenny/firmware-ipw2x00 is either a tar.gz or .deb file.  I can't seem to find a download for .fw...any ideas or help out there?  I suppose I can install the firmware after getting Lenny installed by adding "contrib non-free" to /apt/sources.list, but since the installer prompts for "ipw2100-1.3.fw" file during installation, I'd like to get it installed at that time.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Mark