Re: Which virtualization is the best for Debian?

Dne Út 19. ledna 2010 17:39:39 Sthu Deus napsal(a):
> Thank You for Your time and answer, Robert:
> >> Can You easily turn networked guests on/off? - Can others still function
> >> as before turning off of them?
> >
> >I dont know what you exactly mean, but you always can:
> >
> >vzctl stop xxx #this will stop virtual xxx and the others will remain
> > running
>
> I'm speaking of networked guests: in vserver they do renumerate interfaces
>  that leads to problems.

I do not understand what you exactly mean by networked guests, but you do not
need new interface for new guest, there is single interface specific for
openvz and each guest comunicate to it and has its own network settings
(ip,mask,gw,nameserver,...)

> >Check the openvz.org for more info. It is well documented, just download
> > the manual pdf.
>
> But people's opinion will be off the manual, - I guess.

I agree, but sometimes is better to check the documentation for all the
features.

I think, like there was said, it is important to specify why you need
virtualized environment and than choose the appropriate.

You need to chose if you want paravirtualization or full virtualization. Both
are good for something else.

Robert.