Re: Updating off-line computer

On Tue,19.Jan.10, 18:32:02, Oscar Corte wrote:

> There are no Internet connections of any kind and I’d like to keep the
> O.S. up to date. I also tried to install samba but the packages
> couldn’t off course be retrieved.

If this computer is not directly accessible from the internet keeping it
updated is not such a big concern. Since you also want to install new
packages on occasion it might be enough to have the full DVD set
available (either locally or somewhere in your internal network) and
just add the update CD at every point release.

> ¿Could somebody please tell me what methods are available to keep the
> machine updated. (importing the updates from another internet PC os
> so)?

If you have in the same network some Debian computers with internet
access you could use apt-proxy.

Regards,
Andrei