[SOLEVD] Intel 2100 wireless firmware (ipw2100-1.3.fw) for Lenny installation

>On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Marco Vaschetto <m.vaschetto@snservice.net> wrote:
>do you have try to unpack the tar ball? you download?

[snip]

Thanks for the reply; I have looked at the .tar file and here are the contents; all .deb files.

>On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Arthur Machlas <arthur.machlas@gmail.com> wrote:
>Actually, I've experienced problems with setting up wifi connnections after installing the firmware during the installation phase. You're much better off installing the firmware via aptitude after installing.

[snip]

Ahhhh, good feedback.  This is how I've done it before, but since the installer asked I figured it wanted it.  Will stick to aptitude installation.

Thanks,
Mark