Re: Intel 2100 wireless firmware (ipw2100-1.3.fw) for Lenny installation

Mark ha scritto:
Hello,

I am trying to install the firmware for an Intel ipw2100 wifi card on a Dell Latitude D800 laptop (the driver is supported in the Lenny kernel, just not the firmware). According to this page http://wiki.debian.org/ipw2200 (note bold text by Steve McIntyre) the Debian installer should be able to read the tarball file during the installation; I tried last night but the installer needs the .fw file not the tar.gz file. Every link I've tried, including this one http://packages.debian.org/lenny/firmware-ipw2x00 is either a tar.gz or .deb file. I can't seem to find a download for .fw...any ideas or help out there? I suppose I can install the firmware after getting Lenny installed by adding "contrib non-free" to /apt/sources.list, but since the installer prompts for "ipw2100-1.3.fw" file during installation, I'd like to get it installed at that time.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Mark
do you have try to unpack the tar ball? you download?

if you don't have any machine whit Linux you can use 7zip on windows

for unpack the package *.tar.gz if not finish the Lenny installation giust "apt-get install firmware-ipw2x00" and load the appropiate modules.

good by