autoaudiosink alsasink missing

Solved this now but for anyone else out there (and in my google search results, it looks like there are a few):

until yesterday I had no problems playing music on lenny, but after loading the latest updates, which were much more numerous than usual, my songbird refused to play anything, giving the error about autoaudiosink and alsasink both being missing.

Plus the audio control panel on the desktop (the xfce plugin for me) had no controls in it anymore except the mic.

After trying a few things, I just did the following:

sudo apt-get remove --purge alsa-base alsa-oss alsa-source alsa-tools alsa-utils linux-sound-base

followed swiftly by:

sudo apt-get install alsa-base alsa-oss alsa-source alsa-tools alsa-utils linux-sound-base

I don't know which package had got messed up by the update yesterday, but everything is playing nicely now.

Adam