Re: Back to Debian after 10 years

On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 20:28:08 +0000,
Vasco Costa <vasco.costa@geekslot.com> wrote :

[...]
> By the way, in case I want to go back to a rolling release scheme, how
> does Debian testing/unstable behave in this regard for an experienced
> power user? I know all the nuts and bolts of Archlinux, including
> using the testing repo and ABS massively, so a comparison by someone
> which has used both currently would be much appreciated.

Hi,

While I have been using Debian Stable for years, I have tested
numerous linux distros ands *BSD and last year I switched to Archlinux
for several months. Eventually I came back to Debian Stable because
it does not need to be continuously updated, being not a rolling
release distribution. That is the sole reason.

To *me*, Debian is Unstable is not a rolling release ditribution: it
is a continuously modified test distribution and is nowhere near
Archlinux in terms of stability.