Re: Back to Debian after 10 years

Vasco Costa:

> I'm planning to stay forever this time. :)

I never switched during the whole time I have used Linux and never
regretted when I touched another distribution. :)

> By the way, in case I want to go back to a rolling release scheme, how
> does Debian testing/unstable behave in this regard for an experienced
> power user?

I have been running sid for the last five years or so and almost never
had had serious breakage. The worst things that I remember were a broken
X server or boot manager. Most of the time, it just works. You should
just refrain from doing thoughtless dist-/full-upgrades. I usually only
do safe-upgrades and from time to time check whether a full-upgrade
should work.

Of course, skimming over this list every other day and reading the
announce lists helps a lot. That way you know when specific things are
currently broken or when major transitions take place. Of course,
knowing the BTS helps as well.

J.
--
I am getting worse rather than better.