From: Tudod Ki [mailto:tudodki88@yahoo.com]
Sent: January 1, 2010 7:00 AM
To: Debian User
Subject: domain redirection how?

I want to redirect a domain:

"somedomain.eu"

to:

"tothis.eu"

so I edit the "somedomain.eu.hosts" file with vim [appending this two line to the end]:

$ORIGIN eu.
somedomain      IN      CNAME       tothis.eu.

then I update the serial, save the file, quit, then:

rndc reload somedomain.eu

but it still doesn't work.
how could I redirect the domain with "$ORIGIN"?

do I have to enable something in apache [e.g.: enable the redirection]?

both domain is mine [on this server]

versions:

apache                     1.3.34-4.1
bind9                      9.3.4-2etch3