Re: Roman Gelfand has invited you to open a Google mail account

On Ter, 05 Jan 2010, Paul E Condon wrote:
In fairness to Google, no one who is a party to this conversation knows that
Google sent the spam. Google does have commercial competitors, some of whom
might view this as an amusing trick to play on Google. And there are in this
world *many* trolls whose motives for trolling are beyond my understanding.

I incline toward the troll theory. The spam showed up in my inbox about the
same time as a legitimate post from Roman, which is the perfect time to troll
a fake spam, but too time correlated with Roman's post to have been run up
the approval ladder in a competitor.

That is possible, but the message seems to have come from a google server:

for <debian-user@lists.debian.org>; Mon, 04 Jan 2010 20:47:57 -0800 (PST)

It also has DKIM and DomainKeys signatures, but I have not verified them.

--
We're all in this alone.
		-- Lily Tomlin

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI