Re: Vuze (Azureus) broken after Apt-get upgrade

In <[🔎] 4B2A6476.1000206@mbo.net>, Russ Cook wrote:
>I am running a 64-bit system, unstable, with kernel 2.6.31-1.
>Every week or so, I run apt-get update, apt-get upgrade, to keep system
>reasonable
>up to date.
>I am running no firewalls on my system, which is on a home network behind a
>dsl modem/router.
>This week, after running apt-get update, Vuze no longer connects.  After
>startup,
>I get a popup window with the following error:
>"Warning:  Impossible to bind to a local socket.  Loading of torrents
>via command line
>parameter will fail until is fixed"

Probably related to <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=560056>
there's a supposed work-around in Message-Id:
<[🔎] 200912151551.20419.tim.ruehsen@gmx.de>, which should be in the archives.  I
did not test the work-around because I do not use any Java applications
regularly.