Vuze (Azureus) broken after Apt-get upgrade

I am running a 64-bit system, unstable, with kernel 2.6.31-1.
Every week or so, I run apt-get update, apt-get upgrade, to keep system reasonable
up to date.
I am running no firewalls on my system, which is on a home network behind a
dsl modem/router.
This week, after running apt-get update, Vuze no longer connects. After startup,
I get a popup window with the following error:
"Warning: Impossible to bind to a local socket. Loading of torrents via command line
parameter will fail until is fixed"
No other programs appear to be affected. Web browsers and email clients still run as before. Has anyone else seen this problem, and is there a solution? I am not yet subscribing to any Vuze mailing lists, and Google has not provided a pertinent
solution for me.

Thanks for any help or pointers.