Re: [OT]What's the price index of your laptop's battery?

On Thursday 10 December 2009 17:22:46 Klistvud wrote:
> Howdie, fellow Debianites!
>
> Just today I received the spare battery I had ordered from an online
> store; the old one had died on me -- as batteries are likely to do,
> eventually. It's an original HP spare battery for my HP Compaq 6715b
> and it cost just under 84€ with shipping and all. Now, the price
> represents roughly 14% of the retail price of the laptop (599€ when
> bought a couple of years ago).
>
> I'm wondering what's the battery/laptop price index for other laptops
> out there? Is there any brand of laptops which comes with reasonably
> priced batteries (say, costing substantially less than 10% of the total
> laptop price)? Would you ever buy a car -- or even a mobile phone --
> having a battery that cost 14% of the entire car/phone retail price?
> Anybody care to share?

1. This is spare parts. Unfortunately, there cost has nothing to do with the
price of whatever you bought at first. Build a car from spare parts, you will
pay it a few hundred times the price of a new one.
2. There are different quality of batteries, mainly dependind on the number of
cells they contain. So it is difficult to compare the cost as you dont give
much information
Thierry