Re: how to reset scd0

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 02:15:07PM +0100, Klistvud wrote:
> Dne, 10. 12. 2009 12:17:33 je lee napisal(a):
>

> > Now even after a shutdown and turning off the power, the drive still
> > doesn't work. So this might be a hardware problem, and it's getting
> > off topic --- but any ideas are welcome ...
> >

> Generally, when faced with a dilemma whether an issue is hardware- or
> software- related, I boot up a live CD or two. Any odd Ubuntu will do.

Ok, but in which way would doing this help? I haven't changed the
software, and it was working before I tried to write a DVD RW. Now the
drive is somehow blocked, and unless writing DVD RWs generally damages
drives, I don't have sufficient reason to conclude that the drive is
now broken.

They have a new firmware on their website, but installing it seems to
require windoze, which, of course, I don't have:
http://www.lge.com/de/support/product/support-product-profile.jsp?customerModelCode=CH08LS10&matchedModelCode=NOT_MATCHED&searchEngineModelCode=CH08LS10&initialTab=documents&targetPage=support-product-profile

Maybe I should take it to the dealer and have them check it and
eventually change it out ...

yun:/home/lee# hdparm -I /dev/scd0

/dev/scd0:

ATAPI CD-ROM, with removable media
        Model Number:       HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CH08LS10
        Serial Number:      H5798E65044
        Firmware Revision:  1.00
Standards:
        Likely used CD-ROM ATAPI-1
Configuration:
        DRQ response: 50us.
        Packet size: 12 bytes
        cache/buffer size  = unknown
Capabilities:
        LBA, IORDY(can be disabled)
        DMA: mdma0 mdma1 mdma2 udma0 udma1 udma2 udma3 udma4 udma5 *udma6
             Cycle time: min=120ns recommended=120ns
        PIO: pio0 pio1 pio2 pio3 pio4
             Cycle time: no flow control=120ns  IORDY flow control=120ns
yun:/home/lee#